Friday, January 29, 2010

“The key to change... is to let go of fear.” - Rosanne Cash

It was perhaps fitting that I was singing along to Doves's There Goes The Fear when I confronted my own sartorial hesitations and ditched my very dated 2007-2009 look of feminine elegance ala BCBG Max Azria and Paul & Joe. Instead, I have embraced my inner Karen O, channelling rock chick glamour.

And what better accoutrements to start than a vivid purple blue fluid liner from MAC, the cosmetic go-to label of drag queens  and a pair of ankle boots with silver studs?

These paved the way for a full on fashion assault at Top Shop where after the tender ministrations of a lovely Style Advisor and a few hits and misses, I emerged from the fitting room a rock star goddess.

P/S : Every girl should have a personal shopper, I highly recommend it. Even if you're a self assured fashionista attuned to all the latest trends, it's always good for a style makeover to mix things up a little bit.


Indigo gem tunic 


Bandage strapping vest



Balmain inspired bleached skinny jeans (mine in dark grey)

Complete with my earlier purchases, I had never felt more ready to rock and roll, Joan Jett-style. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment