Saturday, August 29, 2009

“Genius is nothing but continued attention.” - Claude Adrien Helvetius


I had always previously thought Roberto Cavalli's designs outrageously safari and way too tropical LA for my discreet east coastal American fashion partialities. But I totally changed my mind when the new store at the Forum stopped me in my tracks with its adorable flirty skirts and sexy preppy blouses.

So I did some research online and found his new 2010 RST collection which I am unbelievably wild about. With its fun eclectic colorful mix of butterfly motifs and zebra prints alongside clean tailored solids, it is typical of a Resort collection for the nouveau riche and would not be out of place on St Tropez.



I like that it retains a structured element within its comfortably laidback aesthetic and doesn't disintegrate into a sloppy bohemian mess like the occasional RST collections are wont to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment