Thursday, March 19, 2009

“O, wind, if winter comes, can spring be far behind?” - Percy Bysshe Shelley

I have never seen snow.

OK I have but only on the ground and not heavy flurries of it blanketing everything in a cold white mass, thick enough to make snow angels and snow men, solid enough to ski and snowboard on.

Growing up in the tropics, I was never a big fan of the cold, although I do enjoy the Fall collections of many designers and look forward to wearing scarves, gloves and boots when I go on vacation, de rigeur accessories for people who are fortunate enough to live in a place with four seasons.

However, while I would like to go snowboarding some day, I wasn't too keen on the puffy ski jackets in lurid colors and unflattering designs, until I saw these:

Aphrodite

Calliope

Euterpe

Moncler has completely revolutionised winter sportswear with its move towards the fashion orbit and the Gamme Rouge collection above, a collaboration with celebrated designers like Balenciaga, Junya Watanabe, Alessandra Facchinetti could not be more inviting than a hand delivered air ticket to St Moritz.

No comments:

Post a Comment